Wednesday, April 10, 2013

XXII

Shall We Give Up Or Fight? Cont.

Since my last entry, someone has brought to my attention that, perhaps, surrendering is the way by which we do win. Maybe fighting never accomplished any good in the first place. All it created was frustration and exhaustion. Maybe realizing we truly cannot change anything causes the greatest good. Perhaps, real peace is found by learning to accept the world, and the people living within it. In some cases, giving up is exactly what needs to occur.  We must learn to accept the reality surrounding us and let go of what we will never have the power to change. If we are going to put forth the effort to fight, shouldn't we make sure our efforts are not done in vain?


2 comments:

  1. You get an 'A' for concise explanation. I think there's a good argument to be made that in a zen-like way the "good fight" is more about ego and less about victory. Mass opinion, not individual ideas, determines human affairs and everyone wants to be a pundit because pundits make selfish opinions look cool. But it's a contagious sickness that only works if you are paid to spread disinformation. My own example is depressing as it demonstrates a single-minded commitment to manufacturing change that spirals continuously downward without affecting any change. All my resources and creativity led nowhere and became self-destructive. Either I did something wrong or I plainly lost the fight and continuing my self-abuse is more about being stubborn and resentful than anything positive. But that's a wisdom I can't explain and maybe I'm just weak and lack dedication to the cause of justice.

    I like that background picture of the plaster walls and pictures. could you tell me more about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's purely for aesthetic purposes, for it is human nature to pass judgment. At first glance, a person will decided if an object is worth further attention. Aware of this natural tendency, I strive to counteract it. It has become the driving force behind what I do--my anonymity and the attention I give to my blog's aesthetics. I created my blog to be visually pleasing to invite people to ponder the ideas I present. For because I know their judgment is inevitable, I've attempted to focus their judgment onto what I have written, instead of who I am or a visually displeasing composition; for in the end my identity does not matter. It is ideas that surpass time, not people.

    ReplyDelete