Tuesday, February 10, 2015

LXXXVI

A Place Where I Belong 

The soft squeal of creamy milk foaming, the buzz of brewing espresso, the soft humming of terrible indie music playing, the intermittent shouting of various names -- this is my soundtrack. Coffee shops have become my lifeline. 
Skipping class in classic college style, I find myself back at the same spot in the same coffee shop. Some days feeling good. Others, feeling like shit. Yet, always returning here. What can I say? I guess I'm just a creature of habit. But I find that maybe there's more to it. Why do I return here? Because I don't always enjoy exchanging $5 for a mediocre cup of coffee. 
I believe we never lose a grasp on our security blankets. As a young child, we get weaned off our blankies just to cling to something else. Maybe I'm just forming this into my habits because I seek solace. I crave comfort -- a place where I belong. But is that not what we all try to find along our earthy journeys? 

No comments:

Post a Comment