Thursday, January 2, 2014

LIX

Silence

Crowded, boisterous city streets. There I find myself drowning in a sea of people. An insignificant soul, I carry on as a part of my surrounding, conforming to the throngs of people travelling to and fro. I am simply a part of the ebb and flow of wondering souls trying to find our place in this world, or at the very least, our next location. Drifting on, I find myself in awe of my surroundings, for the constant noise and change of scenery captures my attention. However, surrounded by so much, I lose sight of myself. Only left in a solitary silence will I find who I truly am, for there in that silence the distractions melt away. Finally, I am left to deal with my true haunting nemesis--myself. Ultimately, no distraction can ever fully take my enemy away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment