Monday, September 9, 2013

XLVIII

"I Miss the Comfort in Being Sad"
(Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle - Nirvana)
 
When all we experience is joy and happiness, sadness can be comforting. Briefly, we receive a new perspective on life. However, when our entire disposition is an overwhelming melancholy, happiness is an interruption in our daily life. Intruding, this moment of joy reminds us how fleeting happiness can be, for we shall soon return to our standard misery.

I wish I had the joy of a child because they have yet to experience the evil in the world. Everything is beautiful. People are kind. Every little thing is intriguing. They can soak in every moment of life like one grand, beautiful, exciting adventure. From their perspective, life is fun. I wish this mindset was easier to keep, for I wish I knew a world without pain, heartache, and corruption. I want to view life as beautiful once again, but I'm drowning in a sea of monotonous misery.   

No comments:

Post a Comment